COVID-19 Implications for Cyber Risk
Melinda Smith May, 2017
While COVID-19 efforts justifiably focus on humanitarian concerns, businesses in the financial and insurance industries should nonetheless be aware of the associated cyber risk implications.
In this white paper, Guidewire covers the implications of COVID-19 to the cyber landscape and provides a concise preview of the following:
- Cyber risk factors organizations should consider
- Recommendations for reducing risk exposure
- Guidewire Cyence’s analytic capabilities to quantify organizational and aggregated cyber risk exposures and effects
With this information, insurers can take the following precautions to counter COVID-19’s secondary effects of cyber risk exposure:
- Manage their portfolio risk
- Alert their clients to potential cyber threats and the factors causing them
- Inform IT about preventative measures
- Enforce remote work policies with technical and administrative controls
- Educate employees and clients on best practices to maintain cyber hygiene
Please read the white paper to learn more.